Follow by Email

Thursday, May 26, 2011

What a Week...

        Blogger will not let me log out.  Seriously, what the heck is wrong? It won't load the 'help' answers either.  Fun times.
       
        Last night Indiana got hit pretty hard and there was 2 tornadoes.  It was a rough night.  The news was on from about 1 p.m. till well after I guess I got back in bed after midnight.  About 9:30p.m. and having heard the sirens go off and on all afternoon and night I went to bed.  About 11:30, the boy runs in and says "The sirens are going off!!!" So I got up, looked at the news, and proceeded to go right back to bed.  I don't know about anyone else but those sirens go off at the weirdest times.  The worst of it was already passed us, then they go off.  A lot of folks went to their basements.  We didn't.  We just keep an eye out.  Not the safest thing in the world, but when you live in tornado alley, if we went to the basement every time they told us to take cover, we'd not be in our home much in the spring.  It didn't do too much damage out here.  A bunch of big branches down and some leaves stripped from the hail.  The biggest loss was our turkeys.  The pen must have blown all to hell during the storm later on, and a fox got them.  The foxes, coyotes, and rabbits have staged an all out war against our property.   Anyhow I've been bummed about my little turkeys all day I'm looking into planting a wall of Thuja Giants here soon the dogs can't see me... they can't see me, they can't yap at me everytime I go outside. 
           I replanted the gourds for my trellis.  I waited 2 whole weeks with not even a leaf poking through.  Tuesday night I got the big gourd patch out back cleaned up so I am going to plant some bushel gourds tonight, wet or not.  It's past time they should've been out but the weather hasn't cooperated a bit.
           Got a lot to do this weekend.  Thank God for 3 day weekends.  I'm so excited not to have to go in to work for 3 days I could dance.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment