Follow by Email

Saturday, June 18, 2011

Happy Father's Day

          I don't think dads get enough credit.  And they should.  So in honor of Father's Day, I'd like to thank the men in my life that have loved me unconditionally.  Thanks for being the dad and papaws you are.  I love you guys.

           My dad.  I think I get my fashion sense from him. Okay, just joking,dad, but really...what an outfit!  Thanks for being the dad you didn't have to be, no matter how bad of a teenager I was.  I know it wasn't easy, and I now know that you put a hex on me because now I have 3 bad step kids.  (They aren't really bad, but I wouldn't ever tell them that.)  I vaguely remember you warning me about karma.  Anyhow, I love you dad.  Your the best.


       My Pepaw.  This man is my ninja.  He worked all the time and farmed up until he retired.  He has true grit.  My Pepaw would drive 40 minutes 3 times a week to pick me up from school, then another 30 minutes to take me to the clinic for allergy injections, without fail, for 6 years straight.  No matter what happened or what went on, I knew he would be outside waiting for me.  He is quiet, but when he talks you know it means something.  And he always let me read his National Geographic.  I have only heard this man raise his voice once.  Thanks, Pepaw, for always taking care of me and Mom.  I love you.


         My husband.  Drops anything and everything at any point in time for his kids.  Gets up every morning and makes the boy breakfast (real breakfast, not cereal of pop tarts.)  He hangs out with his kids, take them fishing and hunting and it isn't a chore for him.  He really does love those kids with all his heart.  It's one of the reasons I fell in love with him.  I love you babe.


          My Papaw Fisher.  The first time I met him I was probably 13, but I lay odds he loved me just as much as Pepaw York.  He was hands down the orneriest man I will ever meet.  When people talk about someone being a family man, they haven't met this guy.  I'm pretty sure his picture is right next to "family man".  He was the biggest kid at every Christmas.  When I was a teenager, him and Mamaw took me and my little sister to Holiday World, and I think he had more fun than we did.  I don't think he ever let me forget about being asleep in the motor home while he was driving and I rolled out of the bed.  We lost my Papaw in February of this year.  I'm not sure anyone will ever be missed as much has he is in my family.  We all love and miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment