Follow by Email

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The X-Games of Coupons

         Mom's got me "extreme couponing" like a crazed maniac.  She says once I get the system down and used to carrying around a binder full of coupons it'll get easier and faster.  Honestly, I just would love to save the money.  I'll find time to do it if I can save enough cash.

        My first excursion was to CVS.  I have the Plus card, and I am very familiar with the store since it put me through college the first time. 

        I bought:
  • 8 pack of CVS paper towels
  • 2-11 ounce bottles of Gain dishsoap
  • 1-8ounce can of Herbal Hairspray
  • 1-8.5 ounce bottle of Pantene Leave-in Conditioner
  • 1-12.6 ounce Pantene Shampoo
  • 1-12.6 ounce Pantene Conditioner
  • 1-4 ounce tube of Colgate
               The total would have been $43.04. Between coupons, specials, and sales my savings was $28.12.  So I got all this for $14.92.  
                Not too bad, I don't think, for my first time out of the gates!

2 comments:

  1. That's funny right there because I have been doing some reading on how to do it myself. The wife will not do it because she said it is a real pain.
    Can you imagine a 6' 4" 275 pound, burly redneck with ripped up jeans and a wife beater t-shirt on that says born to see you bleed walking up to the little pale store manager with my little unicorn spiral notebook and a fanny pack stuffed full of coupons and asking when his triple coupon day is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...how did you know what I look like??? LOL. And it's not a fanny pack, it's a binder! But seriously, it's not that big of a pain unless you go nuts with it like they do on TV. I just see what's in the ads, then see what I have a coupon for and try and purchase what's on sale AND I have a coupon for. And I shop where they double coupon.

    ReplyDelete