Follow by Email

Sunday, December 18, 2011

This Post Should Have Pictures.

I should've took a picture last night of the beautiful bacon-wrapped venison loin my husband made, but I didn't.  Let me tell you, it's the best thing you can ever eat.  I think I'm still full.

Today is the last day of muzzleloader, and I didn't even go.  I slept until 8:30 (!).  I have had sinus issues my whole life so since it's winter in Indiana, I'm starting to go into full swing with fighting a sinus infection for the next 6 months as I have done, oh, going on 27 years now.  Fun times.

Today is football and feasting, like most Sundays around here.  I'll be the first to admit I do not like winter, and that I feel Indiana winter is ugly.  Around November it snows, around Christmas it's ugly brown and rainy, then January through April (sometimes May and June) it's a cold, wet, snowy, icy mess.  I despise it.  If I could just stay out here on the farm and work, I think I'd be okay with it.  Being that I can't make that happen just yet, I will continue my extreme dislike of Indiana weather.

We finished up our Christmas shopping yesterday.  Momma and I have decided that since we are having our family Christmas next Friday (Mom, dad, my sister and her friend, and my family) and we all have to work, instead of ordering pizza (yes, seriously, that was the plan) we are going to do a meat and cheese tray and some other things, which I am thankful for, because eating out makes me sick every single time I do it.  Amen for no indigestion on Friday!  So, hopefully after an uneventful week at work (fingers crossed) I can go get all the stuff Friday afternoon since I go in at 4 am or whenever and get off around (again, fingers crossed) 1 or so. 

I have a couple things to finish wrapping and got my puppies all kinds of stuff.  My dogs are a major part of our family, and yes, their presents get wrapped.  I finally found something for my memaw, who I think is harder to buy for than even me.  I also think after months of pestering my momma I have talked her into letting me make her darn laundry soap so she'll stop dropping a small fortune on that stuff at the store.  I had to pick up more supplies and she laughed at my cart.  All staples, but hey, I don't need anything else and I like to make all our food...not because I necessarily started out as a purist, but because I was a chubby child who was around her Memaw all the time and loves to eat.  She said, "Well, how much will I owe you for the soap?"  Uh, momma, about $0.88 since that's what it costs to make 5 gallons.  I've told her for months just to go buy a five-gallon bucket with a lid and I'll just keep her in soap.  It's not anymore work to make 10 gallons than 5. 

I had started painting something I was going to give as a gift but I've cut it too close now.  So I'll just stockpile these projects for next year's gift giving.  I am thinking about making something for everyone instead of buying things anyway.  Does that even seem like a good idea?  Seriously, comment and let me know.  I think it does, but I worry about what people will think.  In my eyes, I'd rather get a gift with some thought behind it than another gift set full of soaps I can't use (due to terrible allergies). 

I've been looking at seed catalogues again and started a list of what to start in the spring and the fall.  Wood found it and said, "Oh lord, you are going overboard already."  Bless his heart, I don't think he realizes yet that I am crazy and that I can't help it.

Well, I better get busy.  I have a stitching project I've been working on for two years as a Christmas present for me Memaw and it looks like it'll be next years present...again.

Happy Holidays, ya'll.  Have a good one.

2 comments: