Follow by Email

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Another New Thing...


I have been watching my budget in regards to what I spend on household cleaners, etc.  What I have found in the last month is that I need to streamline this chemical parade buy on a weekly basis.  I clean my house top to bottom weekly (99% of the time) and that requires (I thought) a whole slew of products and a chunk of change I'd rather not part with.

I was talking to my momma last night on the phone about when she needed her laundry soap finished by and she said, "Now, what do you use for fabric softener?"  Insert crickets chirping here.  "Purex Crystals."  She told me for someone so concerned with saving money, I sure buy the most expensive fabric softener.  And she's right.  I tend to justify splurges by saving money in another area.  And what that means is I really am not saving at all, just penny-pinching here to go hog-wild here. 

Starting this week, I am going to start converting to all homemade cleaners.  Not because I'm a purist, but because after some research I have almost all the things I need to make all the cleaners I use at a fraction of the cost.

I will be posting recipes, how-to and cost analysis as I change over to homemade cleaners, as well as a review.  If it doesn't work or something isn't up to snuff, you can just laugh and point at me instead of trying it yourself.  I am a good sport. 

I use wood floor cleaner, vinyl floor cleaner, window cleaner, furniture polish, soft scrub, bathroom cleaner, kitchen counter cleaner, and usually Lysol concentrate for my walls.  As I use up the last of my arsenal of products and convert over, I'll let ya'll know how it went and the cost, etc.

If there is any other cleaners you'd can think of I am forgetting or you'd like me to try one of your own, please comment me!

No comments:

Post a Comment