Follow by Email

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I Was Wrong, & I Am Sorry

A couple weeks ago I posted a diatribe on only buying organic and blah, blah, blah. 

I feel I must apologize.  I read way too much Joel Salatin.

I tried that whole bit for all of eight days.  Number one, I'm on a budget, and that was oh, so expensive.  Number two, I have an addiction to E.L. Fudge cookies...and breaded mushrooms...and pretty much anything else that involves a deep-fryer or gravy.

I'll make an effort to buy more organic.  And I'll try not to put my organic purchases in a batter and then three inches of grease.

Fair enough?

3 comments:

  1. Don't be sorry. You can't do it all in one day and I figure the less of the poison stuff you eat the better. You would probably be better off getting stuff that is "sustainably grown" from your local farmer or gardener. For the life of me I don't understand how big AG can grow a crop in a field using chemicals one year and the next year they are growing something in the same field organically. You gotta know that crap is still there somewhere. Better to just have your own garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds about the same as what I do here. Even if you are buying some organic or local, you are doing more than most people and it will help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys. I get up on a soap box sometimes only to fall and break a leg a week later. We have a huge garden(s), the weather here has not been cooperative the last 2 years at all. I guess my biggest problem is I have a major "go hard or go home" mentality. I'm starting to realize working a 40+ a week job and playing Suzy Homemaker, master chef, gardener, canner, decorative artist, mad cross stitcher, caretaker of the dogs...that's just too much on one person to expect anything close to perfection. My new motto is going to be this, "Do what has to be done, do what you can that should be done, and let it go." :)

    ReplyDelete