Follow by Email

Saturday, January 7, 2012

SHTF

I probably won't have time over at least the next week to blog about the cleaners.

Thursday afternoon we rushed my Papaw to the hospital with severe chest pain and thought he was having a heart attack.  He is still in ICU and they are giving us the run around.  I'm gonna head up there today and give em' a little hell.  I'm a nurse and I don't pull any punches when it comes to health care and how things are supposed to be done.

I spent 6 hours in ICU with him and my Memaw yesterday then headed home. (I got up at like 2-2:30 a.m. so I could go into work and get out to check on them.)  I get almost home and my momma calls me to tell me my other Mamaw in another county is in another hospital hurt pretty bad from a fall from a ladder.  So momma went to check on my papaw in ICU and take my Memaw home, and I headed to pick up my dad and go see what was going on with my Mamaw.

She really broke her shoulder badly.  I nearly passed out when the splinted it, and she broke her wrist badly too.  They put a band aid on it and she's stuck until she can see the orthopaedic surgeon either Monday or Tuesday and get scheduled for surgery.  It's her dominant side, so she can't do much.

I'll be running all over hells' half acre indefinitely until every one's on the mend.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry. I know how hard that can be so take care of yourself too. We will all be here when you get back.

    ReplyDelete