Follow by Email

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sunday Morning

Add caption

This morning I am canning more beans, eating eggs & toast & hash browns, and trying to formulate some kind of itinerary for the rest of my day.

The only dark spot to this Sunday is that even though we went to the grocery yesterday afternoon, we have concocted a meal plan that requires me to go back to the store and pick up a few items.

Oh! Before I forget...momma told me about new Swiss Miss cocoa mixes in flavors like french vanilla and cappuccino.  I'm generally a hot chocolate purist, believing that all powdered hot chocolates are washed-out remembrances of what hot chocolate should be, but I got the french vanilla and I have to say it's pretty darn good.

This week I am going to order some (read: a lot) of onion sets, Lima beans, and a couple persimmon trees.  I also need to pick up some more canning lids and rings, and some oil lamps.

I was hoping to hear about the thread I need to finish this stupid rooster crossstitch I've been working on for a year but Dimensions customer services sucks.  Excuse my french, but they really do.  The only thing they could do to make me happy with them at this point is to put a customer service representative within arms' reach of me.

I also have been commissioned (laugh here) to paint some scenes for this  picture frame thingy momma got and finally hung up, so I may do some sketches and get started on that for her.

Right now, my husband and I are arguing about the camera.  He says he gave it to me weeks a go and we all know he didn't, as I've been griping about it.  He can just buy me one for my birthday in a few weeks to ease the blow of being closer to 30 than 20.

Momma and I went to my Mamaw and Papaw's yesterday to visit and take up the boxes of Christmas crap stuff.  I think everyone should have the chance to visit my Mamaw and Papaw.  I will fight with other grown women about how great they are.  I have noticed though, that the older I get, the more I act like my momma and in turn, more like my Mamaw.  In fact, I think I may be more like Mamaw than momma.  Mamaw is a heck of a lot more sharped-tongued and mouthy than momma.  We got to talking about something yesterday and Mamaw said, "Your papaw made the best Tom Collins that ever was." 

"What did they taste like?"

"I don't rightly know, I was drinkin' em just as fast as I could."

I think we can all assume that I bear her more resemblance than momma at times.  It's where we get our OCD-like cleaning tendencies, our sarcastic "Bless your heart!" replies, and more than likely where I got half my expressions.  My husband makes fun of me all the time for things I say.  Like when I have a bunch of vegetables or something, and he asks when I'm going to do something with them, I say, "I'll work 'em up in a bit."  I don't know why he thinks it's funny, but he does.  Or "I'm fixin' to do this or that." 

It got cold up here quick, and I am predicting that everyone who comes to the Super Bowl in Indianapolis is going to rue the decision to have it here.  Let me tell you all a fact:  My birthday is notorious for being the most horrid weather we have all year, starting exactly 3 days prior and continuing until 2 days after.  As my momma has said numerous times, she's slid more of my birthday cakes home than drove them.  The Super Bowl is on the 5th (3 days before my birthday).  And Indiana is a mean, mean mistress and the weather may be mild and sunny now, but in 30 minutes you could be running for your cellar.  You heard it here first, now just wait and see.

Well, I have to check these beans.  Hope ya'll have a good one.

P.S. - I still can't believe the 49ers beat the Saints last night.

2 comments:

  1. You talk just fine. It's the other folks is goofy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww thanks. See, I knew it was other folks and not me! :)

    ReplyDelete