Follow by Email

Sunday, January 29, 2012

What a Week Around Here...

I have been so busy, I don't know if I was coming or going...


We are having our annual survey at work so I can't leave until the surveyors leave...but I still have managed quite a bit.


Throughout the week I canned 9 or 10 quarts of fresh cranberry juice. Right now I got 7 quarts of kidney beans in the canner waiting for it to get up to pressure.  


As most everyone knows, the Super Bowl is taking place about an hour from my house, and I work in Indianapolis so traffic could get a little tricky this week.  A lot of people we know went down to the Super Bowl Village this weekend and said it's amazing, but I just didn't know if I wanted to go, and besides that, I had other plans...


Momma and me took off yesterday and went "junking".  I say that, because we are both so damn cheap, neither one of us pays full price for anything, so we go to flea markets and such.


I went out trying to find a cigarette stand, but all I found were cheap post-depression era ones, so maybe I'll have better luck next weekend.


I found an old grater.  We've needed one for garlic forever, but I like things with character.  And let me tell you what,  this baby works smoother than that plastic crap you buy at Walmart...used it last night.
Found some more real granitewear for my collection.  $2.50.
I bought a better one a while back, but in a moment of stupidity allowed momma to talk me into giving it to her.


I grew a bunch of stuff for tea last year, but hate spice bags.  This'll do.  $1.00.  It's reusable, unlike those spice bags.


I also am a home for wayward pictures.  I don't know why, but it makes me sad someone wouldn't think enough of their roots to hold on to pictures.  So, I buy em and frame them up properly and they go on my wall.

Here's those inside-out s'mores brownies I finally got to make.  Not worth it.  The boy loved them, me not so much.

On the agenda today, I'm trying to talk myself out of learning how to knit.  Dear Lord, I have enough hobbies that I find it hard to indulge in.  I don't need one more.  My sister called yesterday from down South and started this whole mess.

"Hey, what's that old-lady-thing you do?"

"Uh, well..."

"It's the old-lady-thing you can make stuff with."

"Umm..."

"Damn it! You can make socks and scarves and crap!"

"Oh, well that would be knitting or crocheting.  I used to crochet when I was in middle school.  I forget now, but I cross stitch a lot."

"Yeah, that's too old.  I think I want to learn to knit.  Cool people knit."

It's so nice to be 26 and have your 21-year-old sister call you and refer to you like you are her great aunt.  

So, I guess I'll see if she picks it up, and if she does I may take a stab at it.  It'll give me something to do besides the million other things I do every day.  I better call that fella from Markleville and get my rocking chair fixed...

1 comment:

  1. Check out http://forgottenoldphotos.blogspot.com/. They try to find relatives of long lost photos.

    ReplyDelete