Follow by Email

Sunday, February 12, 2012

The World is So Messed Up

On facebook this morning, there is an outpouring of sadness and loss over the death of Whitney Houston.  I don't understand how people can throw out so much emotion for someone they never met, but every day small children are dying of leukemia and cancer and no one seems to bat an eyelash.


Children that didn't choose a behavior that may ultimately lead to their death. 


For everyone that is "sad" about the death of Whitney Houston, I suggest you go visit a 5-year-old battling a deadly cancer and look their parents in the eye.  Then tell me who you really feel "sorry" for.


I'm a firm believer that we create our own set of circumstances.  Now, some may be out of our control, such as weather, major world events, etc.  But if I go out, get wasted, get in my car, then wrap it around a telephone pole and die, don't you dare waste a single tear on me because I was an idiot.  If you should feel compelled to cry, go visit the Children's Hospital in Indy and that should get your emotions back in track and in a proper prospective.

5 comments:

  1. I understand your ire. Then again, those little children will soon be spending eterity with Jesus; Whitney Houston may not be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still breaks my heart to think about it. Hopefully she found the peace she couldn't find in this world.

      Delete
  2. I agree and disagree with you here. I feel sad for anyone who suffers. Some may feel that Whitney did not suffer. I beg to differ. Substance abuse of any kind is a slow death. A death from some pain that is to large to deal with. Or so they feel. I know. I have been in recovery for many years now. As for Whitney, but for the grace of God there go I.

    Sometimes illness can not be seen like cancer. It is an illness of the soul. I was taught to pray for the soul and not the person for the soul is sick and the person is carrying out the action.

    Mandy, if you did something stupid and it resulted in your death it would make me sad. We all make mistakes and we all deserve forgiveness.

    People should take a look around however and spread their concern. There is much suffering in the world. There is a lot of suffering right here in the United States. We don't have to look far.

    I was also taught the best way to get out of myself is to help another. I challenge everyone to selflessly reach out and help another today. Not for what it will give you. Rather for what it will give others.

    /\Sat Nam,
    Genevieve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was raised by a mom that had a strict set of black-and-white rules, so I guess that is where I get it. While you should know I always respect everyone's opinions and want people's feedback, you know I also explain where I am coming from when I have an opinion.

      I am the child of someone who chose a substance over family, over having a relationship with his daughter, and to the detriment of the mental well-being of those around him that was not repaired for years after. I guess watching momma pick herself up by her boot straps and carry on makes it hard for me to understand how you can do something that destroys not only yourself, but those around you.

      While I continue to pray for her family left to pick up the pieces she's left them, I can't honestly sit here and say I feel sorry for Ms. Houston. I feel no need to forgive her, because she didn't harm me. I only hope that those in her family and close friends can find peace and forgiveness in their hearts through this ordeal.

      Delete