1. Yesterday I went to a detox body wrap party that was AWESOME. I've been trying to be healthier and work out like I need to because of my love of gravy and all things chocolate. To be honest I was really skeptical at first. But in like an hour I lost 3.75 inches and today I am wired for sound. If your interested in learning more, let me know and I'll get you in touch with a very cool woman. I won't inundate will all the info if you are not, though.
2. Today it's 80 degrees, but extremely windy. I managed to get some cans put up and a lot of weeding done. Why is it every year I get amnesia about how long it takes to get everything back in shape at this place? I think that I can get it all done in one day but in all reality we could work here for a week and still have two more weeks of things that need planted, weeded or mended.
3. Woody loves me and therefore bought me two really nice peach trees that he planted today. We also planted two more persimmon trees a couple weeks back that I wish I would have kept the receipt for. I would have totally sent the little dead twigs back.
4. My addiction to Pinterest continues on. My grocery bill continues to go up. But to be fair, I can't grow chocolate.
5. Easter around here was very nice...and fattening. We had momma and dad out to eat dinner and shoot firearms, and my mom stepped in dog poo. How do you celebrate the Resurrection in your (red)neck of the woods?
6. We have only found 35 morels to date because in typical Indiana fashion, the weather is not being cooperative.
7. I'm going to be an aunt! (I have a very short attention span, I'm sure this should have been near the top, but I really despise cutting-and-pasting.)
8. I have to help my mom throw a baby shower! I don't like baby showers! OR weddings, funerals, bridal showers or bachelorette parties. I do like hog roasts and keggers. Ok, maybe not the last one anymore, it really interferes with my 8:30 bedtime and ability to get up at 3 a.m.
9. We got all our potatoes and onions planted. We planted carrots and turnips and radishes, but they've not made an appearance and I'm getting real nervous-like. (Had to throw a Mamaw-ism in there.)
10. My mamaw had a birthday and so did my papaw. In true Mamaw fashion, last weekend she made sure to tell me how I could stand to eat more, even after my admission of eating (not kidding) exactly a pound and a half of Goods candy in 48 hours. She just looked at me like that was a normal thing for a woman my age to do.
11. Last night I am convinced I had the best dinner I've ever eaten at 9 o'clock at night. BTW, I haven't eaten dinner that late in YEARS. And I made PW's salad dressing. Good Lord, it was so good.
12. I was so wired even last night I stayed up and watched Two Fat Ladies on The Cooking Channel for at least 2 hours. I really love that show. I wish they would get rid of Nadia G's Bitchin' Kitchen and just have my old English ladies on there all the time in her place.
13. Did you know they sell moonshine at the Walmart? But it's only 40-proof. I heard Popcorn Sutton turn in his grave. What a waste of a Mason jar.
14. I need to finish what I started for my sister's baby shower present. But it's taking so long. Maybe later today.
15. I am counting down until dinner, because we are having pizza marghereta. I guess it doesn't matter what we have, I count down to every meal.