Follow by Email

Sunday, March 30, 2014

I swear I am a decent person...

I really am, even if my mouth has no filter, for the most part my heart is in the right place.  I'm the kind of person you have to know, to know how to take what I say.  I fluent in sarcasm, and I'm pretty damn funny I have been told.

But when I get pissed...well, I stay pissed for awhile.

So far this year has been many small occurrences of bullshit timed to keep me pissed at regular intervals.

Being that I never had children of my own, I was the naive idiot blessed that my husband had three children from a previous marriage.

WTF.

Don't get me wrong, I like these kids.  Hell, I grew up with them. (JOKE).  But someone else's children will never feel like your child, and anyone who tells you different is psychotic or has entirely too much estrogen coursing through their body.

First off, if everyone had to raise someone else's children from about 11-18, and by raise I mean feed, clothe, and shelter, but not have a damn say so or opinion about a 15 year old that sneaks out fucking constantly, the world would have ceased existing millennia ago.

I am the type of women who sees a train wreck and asks herself, what could I have done to prevent it.  This is not a favorable trait to have if you have step kids, at least not in my situation.

It's not like I have had any say in what they are and aren't allowed to do, but I am a damn fixer.  I see something not functioning or not reaching it's potential, AND I HAVE TO FUCKING FIX IT.

And in case you were wondering, this shit doesn't work with a teenager.  Like, at all.

I was never a lazy teenager, and I worked my ass off.  My parents nor my grandparents would have tolerated much else, and yes, I would have got my ass busted otherwise.

In this barren woman's opinion on what's wrong with this world, let me sum it up for you in one sentence:
QUIT BREEDING IF YOU AREN'T GOING TO DISCIPLINE THESE DAMN KIDS.

I mean it.  Quit coddling these little brats.  Jesus, we are raising a country of pussies.  And I mean every damn word of this, and I don't care who gets mad.  It was on the news the other night that yelling at your child during disciplining them is harmful to their psyche.  You know what else is harmful to their psyche? Growing up to be a crybaby loser.  Stop buying them all this shit!  You know what? I grew up kinda poor, so you know what that made me do? Not want to be poor anymore.  So I busted ass to put myself through college, and I appreciate all the shit that I have.  Make these kids stay home if they can't be trusted to be out. If they get lippy, take that damn iPhone and XBox away!  It's not rocket science people, and I can say this with 100% certainty, because I have seen imbeciles raise well-behaved children.

Dear God, I hope my ovaries really have jumped off a cliff.

4 comments:

  1. Maybe you could talk to my daughter. She refuses to make her kids do anything around the house--19-yr-old boy and 12-yr-old girl. She refuses to take away their phones for anything. She gets sort of breathy, talks low, and like a helpless child, "I don't want to do that. I mean, it's their phone, and they would be upset." I tell her that is really a good reason that taking the phone away will work.

    You are a decent person. But, these people are going to ride a good horse to death. What is their father's take on this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had people come to my house and pretend to be deaf and blind as their feral children HOP on my bed, my sofa, pop the button for the foot to jump out on the recliner and one even smiled and showed me the slobber he had left when he purposely bit into a satin decorative apple.

    I impose instant gestapo standards in my house. There is a loud "STOP THAT!" and because their children are too precious to be talked to in that fashion, I quickly have an empty house. MY HOUSE: MY RULES.

    And when I'm in a store and I see a dirt-kicker heading straight at me, I DO NOT step out of the way and NO ONE sees the extra jerk that happens in my knee. Us old people have these odd twitches ya know.

    ReplyDelete

  3. Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I certainly enjoyed
    reading it, you are a great author.I will make sure to
    bookmark your blog and will come back later in life.
    I want to encourage that you continue your great work,
    have a nice evening! obat pembesar penis

    ReplyDelete